Welcome to the LASTOY website. LASTOY is professional organization consisting of those that have been named Semi-Finalists, Finalist, and recipients of the Teacher of the Year award for Louisiana which includes elementary, middle, high school, and overall winners.
Mission: LASTOY members are committed to championing the teaching profession and advocating for public education to ensure the best educational opportunities for all students. The mission of LASTOY is to empower Louisiana Teachers of the Year to build professional partnerships in critical areas of policy and practice and to serve as advocates for our students, fellow educators, and our profession.
Goals for LASTOY
- Recognize the excellence and commitment of professional educators.
- Promote the image of education through public awareness and advocacy.
- Stimulate the personal and professional growth of our members through participation in quality professional learning experiences that promote best practices in the field.
- Support educator effectiveness through mentorship of teacher candidates, new educators, and colleagues in Louisiana public schools.
- Provide a forum for members to network, collaborate, and advocate on critical education issues and policies that affect Louisiana students and our profession.
2020 Louisiana State Teacher of the Year Finalists:
- Lacey Blocker, Calcasieu Parish
- Amanda Crane, Claiborne Parish
- Lisa Celestine Jack, Evangeline Parish, 2020 Middle School Teacher of the Year
- Jessica Borland, 2020 Elementary Teacher of the Year
- Brittany Legendre, Lafourche Parish
- Annie Smith, Lake Charles Charter Academy Foundation
- Jessica Breaux, Orleans Parish
- Emily Ogden, Richland Parish, 2020 High School Teacher of the Year
- Christopher Dier, St. Bernard Parish, 2020 Louisiana State Teacher of the Year