Illinois Teacher Leadership Network (ITLN)
The Illinois Teacher Leadership Network began in May 2015 as a result of ILSTOY working with the U. S. Department of Education Teach to Lead Initiative to convene 40 Illinois and national leaders to focus on teacher leadership in Illinois. These 21 Illinois educational organizations gave ILSTOY the charge to facilitate the work of developing a sustainable culture of teacher leadership in Illinois.
GOAL: To build a sustainable culture for teacher leadership in Illinois.
MISSION: Increasing success for all student through teacher leadership in instruction, professional collaboration, policy, and advocacy.
ITLN Organizations are committed to:
- Changing the culture so that everyone understands, recognizes and promotes teachers as leaders.
- Promoting best practices in the development and utilization of teacher leaders.
- Finding the resources to provide the training and support to teacher leaders and administrators as they develop cultures of differentiated leadership.
- Providing opportunities for teacher leaders to become collaborative partners with multiple stakeholders in moving school communities forward.
- Improving practices in teacher leadership through a culture of continuous improvement.
We are pleased that Teach to Lead has agreed to collaborate with the Illinois Teacher Leadership Network to hold an Illinois Powered By Teach to Lead Summit on April 24th, 2017 in Bloomington, Illinois. Educators from across the state will meet in Bloomington to collaborate, problem solve, and develop action plans to put their own expertise into action. The deadline for idea submissions for the Illinois Summit is March 1, 2017 at 11:59pm CT. All idea submissions must be completed and submitted by this date and time. For more information and the link to submit an application, please visit the site for the Powered to Lead Summit.
- ITLN Brochure
- Theory of Change
- Definition for Teacher Leadership
- Definition for Teacher Leader
- ITLN Graphic with Goal, Mission,Commitments and Organizations
- ITLN Logic Model for Teacher Leadership Spring 2016
- Interview Questions for Leaders
- Illinois Teacher Leadership: Topics and Descriptions
- Illinois Teacher Leadership Powerpoint Slides