Welcome to the official website of the Colorado Council of the Network of State Teachers of the Year, an organization committed to the preservation and enhancement of the Colorado Teacher of the Year Program. The Council works with the Colorado State Department of Education and other corporate and organizational partners to celebrate teaching excellence through the recognition of educators who have inspired a love for learning in their students, and who have distinguished themselves in the profession. Our leadership team is comprised of past and present Colorado Teachers of the Year as well as individuals who represent prominent organizations within the educational community. We hope you will join us in our mission of honoring and engaging Colorado teachers, as we work to elevate the teaching profession in our state.
- Encourage quality education for each individual through quality teaching.
- Recognize the excellence and commitment of professional educators.
- Promote the image of education through public awareness.
- Stimulate he personal and professional growth of our members through their participation in activities which will actively inspire teaching practices, teacher leadership, and advocacy.
- Mentor young people entering into the educational profession.
Interested in joining the Colorado Council of the Network of State Teachers of the Year? Please e-mail Mandy Christensen at [email protected] for more information. All Colorado State Teachers of the Year, as well as each year’s finalists, are invited to join.
2017 Colorado State Teacher of the Year Finalists:
- Jeremy Beckman
- Melanie Holts
- Lisa Lee
- Carina Raetz
- Jodi Simpson
- Sean Wybrant